Acne – Back Breakouts – What’s The Deal With Acne On Your Back?

img3

Back acne comes in all sizes and forms of acne, ranging from mild forms like whiteheads to serious forms of acne including cystic acne. “Bacne” as it is referred to in slang terms, can consist of pimples, pustules and blackheads as well. Back acne affects people ranging from age ten to age forty or older yet. Understanding the causes of back acne and available treatment options, are very important is treating and preventing the condition.

Like all of the other forms of acne, there is no one thing that causes back acne. As far as the medical community stands, back acne also happens when oil glands start functioning more rapidly around puberty. The hormone group androgens, found in both females and males, get overactive which in turn causes a reaction in the oil glands, which make extra oil. The oil glands are located just underneath the skin surface. Oil glands constantly are producing and secreting oil through the pores in the skin. When too much of the oils are produced the pores and hair follicles become clogged. The clogs obstruct the way that dead cells escape the skin, which in turn results in a mess of oil and dead cells plugging the hair follicle. This attracts bacterium, which causes the acne to be formed.

Back acne can be found on any part of the body and does not necessarily have to be on a person’s back. It can be very severe with large lesions and painful cysts. Back acne may just be something that certain people are prone to or it could be caused by other things such as tight clothing or a heavy backpack. Not having anything in contact with the back is not a logical prevention step, as we all must sit down and everyone has to wear clothing. It is easier to treat back acne than to try and prevent it because most people suffer from back acne at one time or another. Skin on the back is much thicker and therefore allows for stronger topical treatments, such as ten percent Benzoyl peroxide. This strength of Benzoyl peroxide is not suitable for other skin that is typically thinner and will not be able to sustain itself under harsh treatment. You can get all the same types of acne, blackheads, whiteheads, papules, pustules and cysts, on your back just as you can on any other part of your body.

There are some differences in back acne and acne located elsewhere on the body however. Back acne is not caused by genetics as other acnes can be. Some severe cases of back acne may be genetically passed on but most likely it is just the individual’s body type or personal genetic make up. People all over the world suffer from back acne at some point in their lives. Unlike other acne, food does not contribute to the formation or flare up of back acne. There is absolutely no evidence that foods cooked in grease, or high in fat content contribute to back acne.

It is also known that excessive oil production and dirt build up does not have a huge impact on developing back acne. Perspiring excessively and not washing or showering immediately has been shown to not increase the chances of developing back acne. Back acne also does not seem to be affected by stress. There are some who think that facial acne is increased due to stress. However stress can cause back acne to not heal. Oftentimes, stress causes people to pick and bother the pimples, which make the condition worse.

Taking some over the counter medicines may treat breakouts of back acne in conditions that are not complex. Some skin specialists or dermatologists should treat severe forms of acne on the back, such as cystic acne. Most of the simpler forms of acne might disappear with daily washing and cleansing routines but as cystic acne goes deep into the skin and can cause permanent scarring, it should be given more serious medical attention than simple pustules or blackheads on the back. Always speak to your healthcare provider about treatment before starting a back acne treatment program never attempt to treat severe acne on your own or with an over the counter product without consulting a professional.

17 Comments

1. Von

Hello, its good post on the topic of media print, we all
    be familiar with media is a wonderful source of data.

2. Hair Vitality Reviews

I all the time emailed this weblog post page to
    all my contacts, for the reason that if like to
    read it after that my links will too.

3. make up products

Can I simply just say what a relief to discover a person that really understands what they’re discussing over
    the internet. You certainly know how to bring an issue to light and
    make it important. More people must look at this and understand
    this side of your story. It’s surprising you’re
    not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

4. foods high in vitamin c

It’s appropriate time to make a few plans for the long run and
    it’s time to be happy. I have learn this put up and if I could I wish to recommend
    you some fascinating things or advice. Perhaps you could write next articles relating to
    this article. I wish to learn even more issues approximately
    it!

5. Aurora Deep Sea Serum

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally,
    it seems as though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You clearly know what youre talking about, why
    waste your intelligence on just posting videos
    to your site when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

6. Dermakin Review

These are genuinely fantastic ideas in concerning blogging.
    You have touched some nice things here. Any way
    keep up wrinting.

7. get rid of pimples on face

It is the best time to make some plans for the future and
    it is time to be happy. I’ve read this post
    and if I could I desire to suggest you some interesting things or suggestions.
    Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article.
    I desire to read even more things about it!

8. sfport.com

Hi there colleagues, how is the whole thing, and what you wish for
    to say concerning this post, in my view its in fact amazing designed for me.

9. Ambrosia Cream

I couldn’t resist commenting. Perfectly written!

10. http://arginine.umiacs.umd.edu/

Hey there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?

I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m not seeing very good results.
    If you know of any please share. Thanks!

11. Wilbur Chhom

Great post. Thanks for the read.

12. sportscenter not top 100

I’m not that much of a online reader to be honest but your
    sites really nice, keep it up! I’ll go ahead and bookmark your
    site to come back later on. Many thanks

13. portable music stand

Just wish to say your article is as astounding.
    The clarity on your publish is simply excellent and that i can think
    you’re a professional on this subject. Fine with your permission allow
    me to seize your feed to stay updated with coming near near post.
    Thank you 1,000,000 and please keep up the gratifying work.

14. mp3 music downloads sites

Hello are using WordPress for your blog platform?
    I’m new to the blog world but I’m trying to get started and
    set up my own. Do you need any html coding expertise to make your own blog?
    Any help would be really appreciated!

15. gamestop wii trade in value

Good way of telling, and fastidious article to get information concerning my presentation subject,
    which i am going to present in school.

16. finance for non financial managers pdf

Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your post. I wanted to write a little comment to
    support you.

17. quest bars

Howdy, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just wondering if you get a
    lot of spam feedback? If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it’s driving me crazy so any support is
    very much appreciated.